571. You’re wanted on the telephone.
572. What number should I dial to get to the operator?
573. I want to make a long distance call.
574. Pick up the receiver and deposit a coin in the slot.
575. I tried to call Mr. Cooper, but the line was busy.
576. You must have dialled the wrong number.
577. I dialled the right number, but nobody answered.
578. The telephone is ringing. Would you answer it, please?
579. Would you like to leave a message?
580. Who is this? I don’t recognize your voice.
581. Would you please tell Mr. Cooper I called.
582. Is this Empire 5-4093?
583. I have to hang up now.
584. Put the receiver closer to your mouth. I can’t hear you.
585. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow?