با توجه به متن زیر گزینه درست سوالهای 1 تا 5 را انتخاب کنید.
I live in the country where there is plenty of room and fresh air while everybody in the city suffers from heat in the summer, we enjoy cool breezes. People in the city rush busily from place to place. But we have a less complicated life. We are busy, of course but our schedule is more flexible. We have less noise and confusion. We live closer to the earth and this has greater restoration power. But we are, it is true , sometimes a little lonely.
1-The writer believes that those who live in the country
1) have large houses with a lot of rooms
2) have more effective cooling systems in their houses
3) are not busy at all
4) have sufficient space and enjoy clean air
2-According to the text, because of the complexity of life in the city….
1) people do not enjoy cool breezes
2) people have to run from place to place
3) town dwellers are less busy than countrymen
4) only hard working persons live there.
3-Since life schedule in the country is more flexible………..
1) countrymen don’t have to work hard
2) everyday life is more irregular than life in the city.
3) countrymen can change their daily activities more easily
4) people feel a little lonely.
n 4-By reading the above passage we conclude that………
1) those who live in the city shouldn’t rush from place to place
2) it is wise to live in the city.
3) life in the country is full of loneliness and misery.
4) life in the country is healthier and less tiring
n 5-Countrymen enjoy greater restorative power because………..
1) they work on the land and earn their living directly from it
2) they sit and sleep on the ground most of the time
3) they have less confusion to put up with
4) they make less noise.
برای هریک از جاهای خالی در متن زیر پاسخ درست سوالهای 6 تا12 را انتخاب کنید.
Thirty years ago people knew about neither spaceships nor astronauts. They were ..6.. with a ..7.. called the automobile , and they were..8.. about flying in airplane. Gradually both automobiles and airplanes became..9.. . The coming of jets ..10.. a small sensation , but soon people ..11… to them too. Today we are accustomed not only to satellites being ..12… from the earth and put into orbit , but also to having men spend several days in space.
n 6- 1) surprised 2) restricted 3) fascinated 4) protected
n 7- `1) machine 2) system 3) sign 4) model
n 8- 1) nervous 2) sorry 3) eager 4) happy
n 9- 1) necessary 2) common 3) unusual 4) practical
n 10- 1) improved 2) introduced 3) caused 4) developed
n 11- 1) connected 2) tied 3) linked 4) used
n 12- 1) made 2) organized 3) assigned 4) launched
با توجه به متن زیر گزینه درست سوالهای 13 تا 16 را انتخاب کنید.
John James Audubon was born in 1785 and died in 1815 , but his name is still , spoken everyday. Audubon was a scientist who loved nature in their lives. He was especially interested in birds and painted many beautiful pictures of them.
In1905 , the national Audubon society was formed by people who were also interested in birds and wanted to continue Audubon’s nature studies. Even now, when people think of the Audubon society, they usually think of birds. But the society does other things besides watching birds. The members of the society try to improve the environment as much as they can. They let the public know about laws that are needed. They have helped to pass many laws that protect birds and animals , and people too. They try to make their own communities cleaner, better places to live in. John James Audubon knew that nature was important. He did not know how important his work would become.
n 13- What did Audubon want to show people?
1) The importance of beautiful pictures.
2) The importance of nature in their lives.
3) The importance of birds of in society.
4) The importance of their lives in nature.
n 14-The national Audubon society was formed by the people who……
1) were interested in painting 2) wanted to study in the field of philosophy
3) were interested in birds and Audubon nature studies.
4) wanted to improve the environment.
n 15- Which one of the following statements is not correct?
1) People do not care about the communities they live in.
2) People have helped to pass laws that protect birds and animals.
3) People do not try to improve a better environment.
4) People try to improve a better environment.
n 16- What types of laws have people helped to pass?
1) Laws that protect trees and environment.
2) Laws that protect animals and people.
3) Laws that protect communities and birds.
4) Laws that protect birds and environment.
برای هر یک از جاهای خالی در متن زیر پاسخ درس سوالهای 17 تا 21 را انتخاب کنید.
At night you can see many ..17. . In the day you can see one star the ..18… . I did you know that the sun ..19.. a star? It looks bigger than other stars. ..20.. it is nearer to us. The sun is much bigger..21.. the moon.
n 17- 1) stars 2) suns 3) moons 4) planets
n 18- 1) moon 2) earth 3) sky 4) sun
n 19- 1) be 2) is 3) will be 4) was
n 20- 1) However 2) Although 3) Because 4) Unless
n 21- 1) than 2) then 3) there 4) that
با توجه به متن زیر گزینه درست سوالهای 22 تا 25 را انتخاب کنید.
There was a party down at Jane’s house last weekend which didn’t break up until midnight. Poor Jane was very tired , but she bore up bravely. Giving a party can be a lot of work sometimes. Now let me tell you about it .
n 22- In the last sentence “ it” refers to :
1) Jane’s house 2) Jane 3) the party 4) the midnight
n 23- In the first sentence “break up” means:
1) end 2) start 3) last 4) break out
n 24- In the second sentence “ bore up” means
1) avoided working 2) became very tired
3) didn’t finish her work 4) didn’t care and worked hard
n 25- According to the passage giving a party is sometimes ……..
1) easy 2) difficult 3) expensive 4) cheap