• Can you recommend a good toy/clothes shop?
• Is there a chemist’s/supermarket in the area?
• Where can I get toothpaste/pet food?
• Where's the nearest shopping centre?
• What time do you open/close, please?
• Are you open on Sundays?
• Could you help me, please?
• Could you tell me where the X department is?
• Excuse me, I'm looking for an X.
• Is there somewhere I can try this on, please?
• Does it suit me?
• Do you have this in a larger/smaller size / a different color, please?
• Do you take credit cards?
• Does it have a warranty/guarantee?
• Can I pay by cheque?
• Could I have a VAT receipt, please?
What you hear
• There's a really good toy shop just around the corner.
• The best clothes shop is in the shopping centre.
• The nearest one is a few kilometers away.
• We're closed at lunchtime, between 1 and 3pm.
• We're open from 9am till 6pm, Monday to Friday.
• It's too long/short.
• The ladies/gents changing rooms are over there.
• You can bring it back and get a refund if you keep the receipt.
• We take all the major credit cards.
• We only accept cheques with a cheque card.
• We’re offering 6 months’ free credit with no deposit.
Now use these expressions to practice asking and answering questions