Comprehension Questions Part 1
1-“Why did you walk to work this morning ?” “Because…………..”
1) I didn’t have enough time 2) I was very tired
3) it was a beautiful morning 4) I was in a hurry
2- You probably care more about what you eat than what you see. It means that …...
eating and seeing should probably go with care.
1) you are as careful about eating as about seeing
2) you think about eating carefully
3) eating seems more important to you
3- Speaking seems to be an ability that can be used only by human beings. In other words, speaking ….
1) can’t be learnt by other animals 2) can’t be learnt by human beings
3) can be learn by other animals 4) can be learnt by special people
4- Javad! The train leaves in two hours. Why don’t you sit down and relax? The above sentences show that Javad…
1) has a lot of time 2) has a little time
3) must leave immediately 4) doesn’t have enough time
5- The old man standing over there pretends to be very poor, but he’s quite rich , for this reason….
1) people should give him some money 2) he should give people some money
3) he is not an honest person at all 4) he mustn’t be ashamed of himself
6- You don’t have to worry about anything. You are under the protection of the police force. According to this sentence…….. .
1) since the police take care of you, you needn’t be worried.
2) since you don’t have to worry about anything, the police look after you.
3) the police will protect you against your worry.
4) the police won’t protect you
برای هر یک از مکانهای خالی در متن زیر از شمارههای 7 تا 10 گزینه صحیح را انتخاب کنید؟
There is only one shop in the village but it seems to sell everything. There is …7… a post office in one corner. The problem is that the man who runs the shop is a very…8… person. His clothes are dirty, he smells and …9…, he is often quite rude to his …10…. That is why people don’t like him very much.
7- 1) even 2) fairly 3) mainly 4) rather
8- 1) damaging 2) education 3)invalid 4) undesirable
9- 1) worst of all 2) in return 3) by means of it 4) as a result
10- 1) advertisers 2) customers 3) craftsmen 4) individuals
برای هر یک از مکانهای خالی در متن زیر از شماره 11 تا 14 گزینه صحیح را انتخاب کنید؟
Animals with six legs are called insects. There are …11… insects than any other kind of animals. Insects eat …12…. Some eat the leaves, others eat roots. Farmers …13… insects. There are other animals that eat insects. They …14...farmers. Birds destroy insects every where.
11- 1) more 2) many 3) much 4)most
12- 1) plans 2) planes 3) planets 4) plants
13- 1) need 2) hate 3) like 4) grow
14- 1) hurt 2) hold 3) help 4) harm
برای هر یک از مکانهای خالی در متن از شماره 15 تا 20 گزینه صحیح را انتخاب کنید؟
The dinosaurs were the biggest animals that lived on the ..15..they were kings of the ..16..for a long time. We know that some dinosaurs ate only ..17..just as sheep and elephants eat grass now. Some dinosaurs ate other animals, as ..18.. eat other animals now. They were so heavy. They ..19.. much of their food in the water. Later all at once they began to ..20.. and no animals like them have ever been seen again.
15- 1) yard 2) Earth 3) ground 4) floor
16- 1) city 2) town 3) country 4) world
17- 1) plans 2) plants 3) plain 4) planets
18- 1) cows 2) horses 3) lions 4) camels
19- 1) found 2) saved 3) cooked 4) stored
20- 1) find out 2) pick up 3) die out 4)give up
متن زیر را با دقت بخوانید و گزینه صحیح سوالهای 21 تا 23 را انتخاب کنید؟
The fact that a good teacher has the capacity of a good actor does not mean that he will actually be able to act well on the stage for there are very important difference between the teacher’s work and the actors. The actor has to repeat exactly the same words each time he plays a certain part. What he has to do is to make all the carefully learned words and actions seem natural on the stage. A good teacher works differently. His listeners take an active part in his play. They ask and answer questions, they obey orders, and if they don’t understand anything they say so. The teacher , therefore, has to make his act suitable to the needs of his students. He can not learn his part by heart like that of an actor. He must invent it as he goes a long.
21- When an actor is on the stage, he should……… .
1) be able to act like teachers 2) consider the needs of his listeners
3) invent something as he goes along 3) perform what is in the part
22- The teacher’s listeners ..…. .
1) always understand him well 2) are active in his play
3) help the teacher to play his role 4) make no response in the class
23- From the passage we understand that teachers and actors…
1) act differently 2) are slopped
3) have the same listeners 4) look natural on the stage
24- Before the invention of telephone people could not speak to each other if they were..
1) together 2) far apart 3) too near 4) alone
25- The student will play unless it rains. It means that ………. .
1) if it rains, they will play tennis 2) if it doesn’t rain, they will play tennis
3) they won’t play tennis until it rains 4) they won’t play tennis if it doesn’t rain